Friday, May 12, 2006

May 12 - Garage Sales

Brrrrr.....it's freezing out here!!! Where did summer go?

Marco and I got up early this morning to hit the city-wide garage sale day in Woodbury. Woodbury is a city I hate with a unique and potent intensity (it's a vast sprawl of huge plastic houses and arrogant SUVs with no character that has consumed the once-beautiful countryside like a cancer). But I'll buy (I like to say recycle) their junk if it's really cheap.

So Marco and I went from house to house at 8am, finding deals. I'm proud to say that we were focused shoppers, only buying things we had already decided we needed. And the things we did buy were really cheap, like a good hammer for 50 cents, a power drill for $5, a kitchen scale for $1 and a fishing net for $1. I have gotten into the idea of recycling and re-using as many of the goods floating around in society as possible, so this was a cool trip. It was also my way of saying a big fuck you to Woodbury, a suburb that would seemingly to prefer to consume and squander every resource on this planet. Motherfuckers.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home