Monday, April 10, 2006

April 10 -- Waiting Makes the Day Go So Slow!!!

I just got an SMS from Marco at the Detroit airport. He's on time and about to board his flight to Minneapolis!!!!!!

This afternoon seems like it's been SO slow. I'm impatient for Marco to arrive!! The upside is that I feel like I've had three times as much time to do stuff, so I've been productive -- doing laundry, tidying up, dropping of knitting needles for Emily, that kind of thing. And yet I STILL have 2 1/2 hours to wait. uhhgghhh

I hope this weather stays for Marco's whole first week in MN. Wow! It's like a beautiful summer day out there. I could go around in just my swimming suit it's so warm. I walked to Afton as usual and a skirt and tank top was more than sufficient. I still wore tall socks and I was too hot. Since this area is hilly and scenic, a lot of people were out cruising around on their motorcycles and in covertibles. Spring fever!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaahh.

It smells so nice out too. The windows are open and the breeze is drifting in.

I'll be out of town for a week. I'm bringing Marco down to Lanesboro. There's the Root River there, and I think we'll bike along it. There are Amish folks so maybe we'll go see what we can see about the Amish way of life. We'll drop by the land that my cousin and her husband just bought down there, and maybe see their new bees. I don't know exactly where New Ulm is, but maybe we'll visit the Schell Brewery. Lots of stuff to choose from.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home