Tuesday, April 18, 2006

April 18 -- Marco, Easter, Spring

Just a quick note to say that I'm back, and Marco is now here in Minnesota! He flew in last Monday night, and I took him to Lanesboro in southern Minnesota for a few days. Pretty place. I had never been there before.

Spring quite literally arrived the very same day as Marco with 80+ degree weather. So we were able to put on our t-shirts, bike for hours along the lovely winding Root River near Lanesboro and come back into town hot and sweaty and then get ice cream at the local German restaurant then drink ice cold beers on a restaurant porch over the river. Nice!!!

The weather has been spectacular ever since. The leaves are just starting to come out on the trees. It's SO warm out. On Easter we had my whole family over and I cooked (with Marco) for 14 people. We also did a trivia Easter egg hunt (my idea, because I always loved Easter egg hunts) with candy for the two young boys, Ben and Drew, and little pieces of paper with trivia questions in them for everyone else. We sat in the sun on the porch and quizzed each other with the trivia. Quite fun. It's my first year since high school that I've been home for all three major holidays, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter, in one year.

Now Marco and I are organizing our next steps -- things like jobs, apartments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home