Thursday, August 02, 2007

This Bridge Thing Blows Me Away

Wow, I watched more interviews this morning (on Google video) with people who survived the collapse of the bridge in Minneapolis. So intense! Today it was on the radio here all day, nonstop. Probably the tv too, but I don't have one.

Yesterday I didn't realize really how chaotic this event was. I can't believe how many people are fine and uninjured. Amazing, considering the magnitude of the disaster. And I'm actually moved too by the stories of people who dove in the river and saved other people, or pulled them off the bridge. Usually I don't think I'm very sentimental, but some of those people were really heroic. It actually made me teary-eyed. Sometimes people are great.

Maybe tomorrow I'll go over there to see it with my own eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home