Sunday, July 22, 2007

I Love Summer in Minnesota

It's the middle of beautiful, perfect summer in Minnesota these days. Now that I'm living here again I think that there's nowhere in the world that has summer days as nice as here.

A few months ago I complained here on this blog that Minnesota was a bit dull and I felt like going somewhere else, but I don't feel that way at all now. Marco and I visited New York two weeks ago and Chicago last week, and I couldn't be happier to come back here. Those crowded dirty cities in the summer are terrible. I never want to live in that again. Here there is greenery and trees and birds and rabbits and flowers everywhere, even right here in the middle of the city. Evenings are gorgeous, with sunsets and soft fragrant air and cheerful people spending time together on outdoor patios and front porches. People are relaxed and cheerful. We spend our evenings visiting people or just strolling around our neighborhood. We go swimming at the St. Croix River on the weekends. It's all very simple. I'm content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home