Friday, April 06, 2007

My Wish to be a Morning Person

I am trying to teach myself to get up earlier.

I am such a terrible morning person. I am truly incapable of being up early on a regular basis. I consider myself really accomplished if I can drag my zombie carcass out of bed by 8:30 am. Even if I'm awake I love to lay in bed. I think about everything under the sun in bed in the morning. I have a lot of my best ideas then. I'm relaxed and all my thoughts flow and I love the peacefulness of it. When my feet touch the floor I know I have to become a serious person, but until then I am completely free and unperturbed in the peace of the bed. Mmmmmmm......

While Marco was gone in Rome last week I reverted to my "natural" state, which means that within one week I was completely wide awake until 1 or 2 am, or even 3 (I am so energized at night!), not waking up until at least 10am. I have been this way as long as I can remember, especially in the summer. Late summer nights were the best - so fun, being a kid running around with my friends in the dark, with the fireflies and the bats and the night frogs and the owls. So beautiful. I get all my good, civilized habits from Marco. Certainly they don't come to me naturally!

Ironically I love mornings though. I feel like it's a sort of a secret time of day, when it's really early and nobody is out yet. My studio is beautiful and has radiant sunshine. It would be great to arrive there at like, 8am to start working. But that NEVER happens!

Last week I was up early one day and it was a beautiful spring morning. All the birds were out, there was dew in the air. I went to buy milk at the little store across the street, and the Iranian (I think) guy that runs the shop was standing by the door, taking in the morning freshness. He came inside to ring up my purchase and I joked with him that he should just get a chair and spend the whole day in front of the store because it was so beautiful out. By the time I got home I looked back out the window and there he was, with a little chair now sitting in the sunshine. I really liked that. He looked content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home