Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Snow has no business showing up in April

Ughhh, this is disgusting - it's snowing out. It's the 11th of April and it looks like February out the window. The sky is dull gray, the light is dreary and it is truly repulsive. April is supposed to be yellow tulips, blue robin's eggs and sunshine.

Winter is definitely a guest that has LONG overstayed its welcome.

I'm off to the studio today as usual. I finished a big custom project about two weeks ago. I've started on a new custom commission but it's still in the design phase. The funny thing is that this commision is for a woman in Idaho. She called me out of the blue after she found my Etsy shop on the internet. Pretty cool. I'm also working on small sample panels that show a variety of styles of stained glass that I can create for people. Their all modern and I like them a lot. This is for the upcoming spring St. Paul Art Crawl, where local art studios like mine are open to the public.

My friend Emily has been working on enamels and jewelery in my studio with me for the past couple months, but she just got a full-time job at the Minnesota Center for Book Arts, so after the art crawl she will be there no more. That's sad, because now I'll have nobody to heckle NPR commentators with all day long. (We listen to WAY too much radio.) She is perfect for her new job though, and she should enjoy it a lot so I wish her luck. I'm going to make her a key to the studio so she can continue to use it on weekends if she wants to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home