Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse!

Wow, a big Minneapolis freeway bridge just collapsed into the Mississippi river! I was in my studio in St. Paul at the time, so I'm fine. My parents are ok too. Since most of my friends and family live on the St. Paul side of the Twin Cities, there's not much chance they would be involved. Except my Mom said that she and John just crossed that bridge four times this past weekend! Anyway it's a surprise. Minnesota is usually the kind of place where nothing dramatic ever happens (except weather events, and we're used to that.)

-- This video is pretty fascinating, because it shows the rush of people arriving on the neighboring bridge to see what was happening, and it shows how enormous and unimaginable the shock of this sight must have been.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home