Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back from France - Happy New Year!

An hour ago I just walked in the apartment from my return flight from France. I'm not tired yet but jetlag should kick in soon.

It was a good trip. Extremely busy. It gave me so much to think about. It was my first trip back after living there for two-and-a-half years. It was strange to fly so far to a place and find such an incredible sensation of familiarity, especially in Paris, even though I no longer have ANY desire to live again in Paris (although I would consider Montpellier). People and places felt like I had been there all along and never left. I realized that France has had quite on influence on who I am now. This only really became clear to me on this trip. Parts of my habits and thoughts have become so French (or perhaps European?), while others remain extremely Minnesotan. A mix of "Oh yah, that's pretty good" and "Oui Monsieur, je prefere le St. Marcellin" and each one completely genuine in it's turn. I thought a lot about this. So strange....

But I don't want to get too philosophical now.

Marco is still in France for one more week to spend more time with his family. I'm going to go back to work in my studio tomorrow. I have lots of ideas I want to test out now. I hope I can get my new kiln to work. I also have to get the cat from my mom's house - we are going to take care of her while my mom is in Florida. I hope she doesn't pee all over our apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home