Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Mid-December lull

Britt and Andrew kept Marco and I very well entertained this weekend. It was short and sweet and fun. Now they're back in Hawaii. I'll miss you guys!

I've had a post-gallery-opening lull. I guess this is a new stage to learn about as a novice artist. You are busy as hell then suddenly you're not sure what to do. Now this is a really passive phase and I don't enjoy it as much. I can't see the public reaction. Do people like my designs? Do they not? What in specific do they like or not like? I would like to know more about how people buy so I can make good decisions on future projects. I feel a little in the dark.

The only response I have from the gallery so far is rather vague. Each week the owner tells me that things are selling and that I should make more, but when I ask "more of what?" she's very unspecific. So I've made more nightlights and ornaments and dropped them off.

In the meantime I'm working on my next step. My designs for this gallery exposition were ok, but they were really steered by time and practicality more than great design. I have much better design ideas brewing in my mind. To do them I will need a kiln so this week I bought one - a small one. I want to start screen printing on to glass to incorporate images into my work. Very few people in the US are doing this and the results will be cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home