Thursday, December 07, 2006

Pictures of my gallery opening

I just updated my version of Blogger and now I can put up photos again (grace a Pyves, qui m'a fait pense a ces choses).

So here are some pictures from opening night of my exposition at Gallery 360. A little background: the owner of this gallery asked me about two months ago to make a series of Christmas ornaments and small holiday gifts (candle-holders, mirrors, nightlights), so I did. Since I had previously only made stained glass windows it took a lot of technical innovation (and technical bungling) on my part as well as some some clever new design to make Christmas stuff look fresh and not cheesy. I even made the big wire Christmas tree. I'm very happy with how everything looked once it was on display in the gallery. Amazing since previously everything had been laying around on cardboard boxes in my studio and it didn't look so glamorous there. It's quite an interesting sensation to see your work suddenly look "professional". So here it is...










































Here's me finishing a mirror in the studio. I was covered in flux and glass grit and lead and all I wanted was a shower and a comfy bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home