Sunday, December 03, 2006

Grindin' Meat!

Whooo-hoo! I'm going to use our meat grinder. Lauren asked Marco if we wanted a meat grinder a few weeks back then came back from a restaurant-supply store in town with one. It is really simple - solid iron with a wooden crank handle. We haven't used it yet. I've been so excited to do something with it and now I have a recipe. Tonight I'm going to make chou farci (stuffed cabbage). It calls for sausage meat and I'm going to grind my own. I just found a super cool website on cuts of meat called Ask the Meatman. The Meatman has interactive charts of hog cuts, as well as advice on sausage casings, how to cut up a deer and other useful knowledge.

So now I know what part of the hog to grind.

In addition to that Marco made a batch of fudge two nights ago and tonight we're going to roll them into truffles. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home