Sunday, October 29, 2006

30

Last night after going to a cool play with my Dad and Marco, Marco and I then went to the 30th birthday party of my friend Nick.

I don't feel too worried about myself turning 30, which will be next year. I figure age, like anything, can be an adventure. But it's strange and striking to see my childhood friends turn 30. I guess because in my head a part of my image of them is always an image of youth - of sitting in algebra class together and playing tricks on the teacher, or going to summer camp or jumping in rivers, or even riding the mighty yellow schoolbus. I didn't see most of my friends from home, like Nick and Lauren and Emily and Josh, for nearly ten years as I roamed around the world. And now that I'm back and (so happily!) spending lots of time with them I guess that my image of them still retains this aura of 15 years ago. So how can they be turning 30? They were just 15 yesterday weren't they?? Funny isn't it?

How can we be turning 30? We've always been kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home