Thursday, December 21, 2006

Finally snow

When I woke up this morning I was eager to have a good walk to the studio. The indoor air was stale. I wanted some exercise and fresh air. So I was disappointed to look out the window and find pouring rain.

I took the bus to the studio, had lunch nearby with my Dad, and walked in the rain back to the studio where I started to assemble a file rack for my office.

Imagine my surprise when, not fifteen minutes later, I turned around to see a swirling white sky of snow! Flakes the size of rollerskate pompoms were falling and blowing. They were really huge, the largest snowflakes I think I've seen in my life! Each time one hit the windowsill it created a white spot the size of a medallion. Since my studio is on the fourth floor I felt a neat dizzying sensation of all the snow zooming towards my big windows and down to the ground.

The rest of the day I cleaned and organized my studio (much needed - it was a mess). Marco came and helped me then we walked home in the snow and it was so lovely. We live on a hill by a cathedral and near the cathedral we saw a rabbit running across the snow. On the slippery roads the drivers looked stressed and hassled, but on foot the sounds were hushed from snow and peaceful and the ice sparkled on the trees and warm lights came out of homes and we were content. I love not depending on a car.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home