Sunday, May 21, 2006

May 21 - The McMansions of Woodbury

Heh heh, just one funny thing.....

There's this phenomena going on in the US right now (those of you who live here know what I mean). New houses built in new suburban housing developments are massive, absolutely gargantuan. They have four car garages, who knows how many bedrooms, walk-in closets, deluxe laundry rooms.....they are absolutely enormous.

These kinds of places are being built all over Woodbury, the suburb near here that I detest (and that I wrote about in this blog about a week ago), as well as in other places, eating up the countryside. Normally when I drive by I get angry and irate stewing about how much of that space actually gets used and how much energy is required to heat that *^&##!&! kind of house etc etc.

But I just saw an article today that gave me a ray of sunlight -- a new terminology for these homes that I quite like and will employ from now on. Pick the term you like: you can now call them "McMansions", "Garage Mahals" or "Hummer Homes", depending on your mood. Any of them work so well!

Well, gotta run, I should be off to brunch with Lauren and Emily instead of typing. Ta ta!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home