Monday, March 13, 2006

March 13 - Yes! Big Snow!!

We finally got our biggest snowfall of the year. It's a typical March snow - wet, sloppy and heavy. This snow is so wet and heavy, in fact, that it is hanging on tree branches and pulling the trees towards the ground. I awoke this morning to see one tree curved into an arc, with it's tip touching the earth. When I went out to shake off the snow, I realized that the whole forest was leaning and curving towards the ground. In radiant bright white. Very surreal looking. Only the biggest trees remain straight.

I hope the trees will be able to stand up again after the snow melts. When I was a kid there were trees deeper in the forest by my treehouse that were curved to the ground and for some mysterious reason continued to grow that way, even in the summer. I never understood why. Now I am guessing that a heavy snowfall like this caused them to bend and they never straightened back up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home