Sunday, March 12, 2006

March 12 - Selamat Siang!

Just a quick post for the morning. Yesterday I was at Urban Outfitters, looking at shoes, and I ran into a group of Indonesian girls and got to speak Indonesian with them!! I didn't realize it was Indonesian at first that they were speaking, but then I heard "sepatu" (shoes) and "biru" (blue) in the middle of a lot of words I didn't catch, so I had to jump up and ask them where they were from. Yes indeed.....Indonesia!

I was quite rusty because it's been five years since I lived in Indonesia, but it was so fun! I was still able to put together full sentences. Indonesians have to be at the top of the world's nicest people too! It turns out these girls were students at the University of Iowa. Good luck to you if you happen to come look on this blog. Sampai nanti!

By the way yesterday was an action packed day! More about that later.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Selamet Siang! Fun! I want to meet some Indonesians to talk to!

Satu tahun yang lalu keluarga saya pergi ke Carribbean untuk vakasi dan kami bertemu banyak orang Indonesian juga!

I'm super rusty too, but it's funny how you can still string words together........ Let me know when you're going back!

March 12, 2006 1:29 PM

 
Blogger Sabrina said...

Saya mau kembali ke Indonesia! Tapi saya tidak bisa sekarang. :-(
Mungkin saya bisa mencari restoran dengan gado-gado saja! Mmmmm enak!

Well I wish I could say more than that -- hope you can make sense of it Shelley!

Sampai nanti!!

March 22, 2006 11:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home