Thursday, July 21, 2005

Jul 21 - Luciano on my street

I think I saw Luciano Pavaroti this morning. No joke!

I was walking to the studio and there was a guy at the corner near my house that I SWEAR was Luciano Pavaroti. I would never have thought that I knew what he looked like that well, but when this guy looked over at me it was as if I was looking at a zoom of a Three Tenors poster. It was the spitting image!

Heck, he surely comes to Paris at some point, right?

He looked as if he were about to go jogging. He was stout as you'd expect, and had on a drab navy blue jogging pants & t-shirt combo. It was morning and not many people were out.

In other news, the owner of my school was a darling ol' chap today. He showed up at the end of the day with a homemade chocolate cake baked by his wife and a picnic basket full of bottles of a rose wine which he introduced as "rose de Montcuq". Translated into English, that name sounds like you're saying "rose wine from my ass". It was an excelent wine and Mr. Andrieux, my school's owner, got a big kick out of getting the chance to make the pun. All the students and he and his employees all stood around drinking rose wine and eating the cake. He's quite a jolly fellow. Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home