Friday, July 15, 2005

Jul 15 - Your vote - hot or noisy?

It's summer in Paris. Yes.......I moaned and groaned through what seemed like three centuries of cold, gray weather. I claimed that Paris never had good weather (good, for me, is of course at least 80 F and humid). But I'm forced to fess up, fair and square, that we are indeed having a streak of beautiful summer weather. It's downright nice out.

But I still manage to gripe. Dilemma #2 in Paris is that 99.999965 % of the buildings here are absolutely not designed to accommodate hot weather, our apartment included (how do you think thousands of grandmas and grandpas here managed to keel over in one week of 100 F weather last year?).

During the night we have two choices.

1. Leave our windows closed.......and cook like wilting lettuce in a steamer

2. Leave our windows open.......and awake 5-6 times per night as people on our busy road holler pointless conversations (where did you park the car? I don't know....) at three a.m., shortly before the morning delivery trucks start stopping below with idling motors that register 7.2 on the richter scale.

Either way I'm a foggy zombie come morning.

So, hot or noisy? What's your call?

Of course, as Marco pointed out, a simple solution would be to purchase a fan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home