Saturday, November 05, 2005

Nov 5 - Can't Wait to Get My Hands Busy!

Marco's been in Dallas and I finished my glassworking studies a few weeks back, so that means this week I've had a LOT of empty time on my hands the past few days.

I'm happy (and a bit surprised) to report that I've actually been a very productive girl. I've worked a lot on the set-up of my glassworking studio that I plan to start once I get to the US. In particular I used a program called Access to create a database of suppliers and products that I will need to buy. This allows me to easily compare prices and get the best deals. I've found lots of info on the internet. Know where to get the cheapest tube of Liquid Nails Clear Adhesive # LN 975? No? Well I do. I've got the info all right here....

The downside is I've been staring at a computer screen for hours on end, which I really dislike. Good thing the results look like they will be pretty useful.

I've found some interesting products I had never before heard of. There's the above-mentioned range of Liquid Nails adhesives, which bind all sorts of unlikely metals and woods and glasses together (good for mosaics?). There's ther Rolling Ruler which is a protractor, compass and ruler-on-wheels all-in-one. And the Badger Professional Airbrush, which paints on glass with all types of glass paints (sadly, however, replacing the time-worn yet beloved badger-hair brush, in use since about 1200 AD). I always got giddy in hardware stores since I was a kid, looking at all the stuff to work with. I can't believe it took me so long to realize how much I might like craftsman-type career. All the signs were there. I can't wait to get my studio up and running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home