Friday, October 14, 2005

Oct 14 - Indian Summer

Wow, there's beautiful weather out here! I was starting to get discouraged (very discouraged) by the quick arrival of winter here in Paris, but then we got a massive atmospheric u-turn and are now basking in a true Indian summer!

On Sunday, in the sunshine, Marco and I drove an hour south of Paris to Fontainebleau with our friend Eric. We went for a hike in the expansive forest there. Nice. The leaves were mostly still green, not like Paris where they've all turned brown and filled the sidewalks already.

Every day since then I've gone for an hour walk in the Luxembourg Gardens first thing in the morning. I should have started doing this ages ago. It does wonders for energy and morale the rest of the day.

I finished my glassworking studies last week, so now I've got my whole week free, or at least unstructured. I've been researching where we are going to move to a lot. I like Boulder Colorado a lot and so does Marco, but my goal is to get away from wintery places and I'm not sure how well it fits the bill. Many sources say Boulder has over 300 days of sunshine a year, but others say it's more like 250.

Our little neighborhood of Rue Mouffetard is thriving under the sunshine. The vegetable and cheese and meat and fish vendors are all out. There's even a guy that gives free massages, and they are really gooood. There's a new butcher that just moved in and yesterday I bought a grilled Cornish hen stuffed with tarragon from him. It was only three euros (about $3.50) and made dinner and lunch. Tasty and a good deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home