Friday, October 07, 2005

Oct 7 - Big News! I'm Coming Back!


I've been quiet on this blog for a week or two. That's largely because I've been working a ton on the logistics for my big (VERY big) piece of news .....
Marco and I are moving back to the US!!!

This has been a question up in the air for a looongg time and now, finally, we've decided to make the US our next home.
Where?
Well that's getting too specific because we don't really know yet. The contenders: California (either San Diego, between LA and SF, or the wine country north of San Francisco), Boulder Colorado, Madison Wisconsin or good ol' home - Minnesota.

Today was my going away party at the glassworking studio, with another girl who is also leaving and will be very missed - Delphine. I'm ending my studies 3 weeks early officially, but I had completed all my projects early too, so it was ok with Monsieur Andrieux. Anyways I'm still going to go back a couple more times to finish the class on glass fusing (a kiln process where you meld glass together) which was supposed to be done by now, but got delayed a week or two.

I'll miss many of the friends I made at the studio. I'd say they're my truest French friends, and they're really cool people. In fact I shouldn't even call them "French" friends -- they make cultural boundaries meaningless and forgotten. They'd be friends no matter what culture they came from. I'm sure if they were to mix with my favorite people from back home they'd get along really well. Man, did we ever sit around yukking it up and laughing some days. Yeah, I'll really miss them.

Here are some pictures .......

the group

Valerie and Christine

Marc, with Antonio, Eric, Fanfan and Valerie behind


Fanny and Celine

And finally the studio itself, in what is surely one of the greenest courtyards in Paris.

Goodbye!

Here I come US....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home