Thursday, August 04, 2005

Aug 4 - I'm going home

In a few hours I'll be taking the plane to Minnesota. Always a big moment.

Last night Marco was already in the south of France for his friend's wedding (the same one who had a bachelor party a few weeks ago). So I took his cousin Pierre-Emile and his girlfriend Emilia out for tapas in the Marais.

The Marais is an ultra-trendy area of Paris. It's wild, flamboyant and artsy, while still old and posh. It's got gay bars next to uppity 17th-century manors, and wild clothing boutiques next to medieval churches.

The tapas place that Marco and I like is called Les Pietons. It is always packed with people. We had an impossible time to get a table. We didn't eat until about 11 pm. But the food there is great, not to mention the sangria. And Pierre-Emile and Emilia were lots of fun to talk to. They are both charming.
I

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home