Friday, July 29, 2005

Jul 29 - WLOL - a religious station??

In about an hour Marco and I will be leaving for a weekend trip at a friend's place in the south of France near the Alps (Valence). There should be around ten people coming. I don't know what we'll do, but I imagine some hiking and outdoor activities.

Today I made two cds of dance music. Yes! I'll bring home some hot rhythms for Minnesotans. By the way I haven't mentioned it in this journal until now, but I will soon be coming back home to Minnesota for a month-long visit! Here I come St. Croix! Here I come State Fair! Here I come cheese curds! I arrive August 4th.

Also I looked at Twin Cities radio stations to see what's on air so I don't bring home music that people already know. But what a freaky discovery - WLOL is a "religious programming" station! My memory is of them playing pop hits like Prince and the Jets. And even more freaky there are now 3 "religious programming" stations listed in the Twin Cities. Yikes. The place has changed!

Don't get me wrong. I'm not an anti-religion person. But I got to know "religious radio" in Dallas, where the on-air commentators scrutinized Putin's latest speeches and Hosni Mubarak's diplomatic meetings for signs of the arrival of the "end times". Sends shivers down my spine, dude. I thought that was something I'd never find in Minnesota.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home