Monday, October 15, 2007

Trying to pass on the good fortune...unsuccesfully

The Art Crawl went surprisingly well! I made enough money this weekend to pay my rent for the whole month!

This morning I was walking to work and I passed a homeless old man asking for money at the freeway exit. The weather was cold and windy and I thought that since I'd made such a good income over the weekend, I could show some gratitude by buying the man a hot sandwich. I walked a block and a half down to a fast food sub shop and bought a philly cheese steak.

The sandwich took forever to make. By the time I walked back out the door and looked up the street, a cop car had arrived with it's lights on and looked to be giving the old man a hard time. I didn't want to get mixed up in that so I ended up taking the sandwich with me to work. Kinda disappointing. I ate the sandwich and it was pretty bad quality in the end, so maybe it wouldn't have helped nourish the old man much anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home