Saturday, August 12, 2006

Wierd week or two

It's been a wierd time the last week or two. Lots of ups and downs. Was it because of that heat wave?

Marco and I succeeded in getting ourselves a little (let me emphasize, little) place in st. paul. Only catch is we can't move in until September 1st. I'm looking forward to it. The St. Croix valley is lovely but it's also really out of the loop. And finally I can do all the things one wants to do in their own place -- decorate, put my stuff anywhere I want, have people over.

My dear partner in crime Britt came into town for a brief visit of around 12 hours. She was en route from Hawaii, where she lives, to Ireland, where she's attending a conference on isotopes. It's funny to not see someone for many months, have them only stay for a few hours, but feel completely natural and at ease with them while they're there. I guess that's the mark of good friends. Anyway on the return trip we should see her around these parts again, maybe for more than 24 hours this time? She gave me a kick-ass funny postcard. I'll have to find a good place to stick it on the wall.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahem! as I mentioned to you before, you may check "weird" in a dictionary for correct spelling! ;-)

August 12, 2006 3:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home