Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The New Website

Well, I've spent the past two weeks chained to the computer. Let me tell you, that's no treat. But the results are pretty good -- I've more or less finished my new website. You can see it at greenlanternglassworks.com. Sorry this shoddy blog program doesn't create links that work so you have to cut and paste. Anyway, there are still a few kinks to work on my site, but the bulk of it works and looks decent now.

Because of the website I've barely spent any time at the studio. My plants there are suffering because I haven't been wiping off the aphids or whatever microscopic bugs they have on them every day. And the mosaic table I started has been sitting unfinished. In addition there are still loads of people to whom I owe a phonecall / email / evening swim. So I'm REALLY happy to be done with this blasted website and get back to some of that. Goes to show that sooner or later I'm going to have to subcontract things like websites and brochures and marketing materials to someone else, because if I do them myself that's means I lose the time at the studio. Too bad because I kinda like doing it.

Also Marco and I are actively looking for apartments now in the Grand Avenue area of St. Paul. You meet a lot of funny people when apartment hunting -- last night I was shown an apartment by a hippie dude with long white hair and a Key West Jimmy Buffet t-shirt. He reminded me of some kind of character from the Muppets rock band. He was funny though, and cracked jokes. Then there was Garofalia, the elderly Greek woman with the cross necklace who made me wonder if she was a nun at the Greek Orthodox church up the street. She took us to her tiny office in the boiler room and told Marco about her days as a schoolgirl in Greece when she had to study French language lessons. She only remebers dirty tongue twisters that she was taught, no useful conversational vocabulary. Isn't that how it always goes. The most memorable foreign words are swear words!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home